The Retlif Difference
A Message From Retlif President Poggi:
Hello, and welcome to the new Retlif Testing Laboratories website.
The launching of this website in 2023 carries even greater significance because throughout the year we will celebrate a true milestone, our 45th year in business. Equally important is the fact that we will be celebrating this occasion as a 100% independent, 100% American-owned and 100% family-owned testing business.
Our preeminent goal has never wavered since our founding, and that is to provide testing services that strategically address the compliance needs of our customers in the most cost-effective manner. To that end, our testing, engineering and compliance management policies, procedures and protocols have been developed to reduce potential roadblocks, eliminate delays and enable you to get your products to your intended markets as soon as feasible. We proudly refer to this guiding philosophy as The Retlif Difference. It is our brand, it is what sets us apart, and its composition incorporates six major principles:
- Continual investment in modernized facilities and advanced capabilities.
- A commitment to the deployment of state-of-the-art technologies.
- A pledge to continue our role in protecting our nation’s security by maintaining three Secret Level testing facilities. This is further evidenced by Retlif receiving two prestigious National Industrial Security Program (NISP) awards.
- Investment in all our people through regularly scheduled, company-wide education as well as individualized, on-and-offsite training opportunities.
- Volunteer support and leadership for likeminded trade and industry associations, such as The Navy League of the United States, the American Council of Independent Laboratories (ACIL), and the American Railway Engineering and Maintenance-of-Way Association (AREMA) to name but a few.
- Most important of all, The Retlif Difference means that we truly partner with our customers and partners. This extends to how we can help them to do things better internally, in order to improve the likelihood of their passing the required testing, while simultaneously minimizing their testing costs. It is a challenge that we have welcomed and addressed since our inception in 1978, and one that will continue to guide us in the decades ahead.
As President of Retlif Testing Laboratories, I believe that our company’s singular greatest achievement is most accurately reflected in the trust and longstanding relationships that we have established with our incredible customers and partners. I thank each and every one, because each relationship over the course of the last 45 years is a building block of The Retlif Difference.
Walter Poggi, President Retlif Testing Laboratories